Embrace has established itself as one of the top pet insurance companies in the United States, thanks to its comprehensive coverage, variety of coverage levels, affordable pricing, and dedication to customer service.
The company works with multiple organizations in the pet community, including but not limited to: Best Friends Animal Society, The Magic Bullet Fund, and Pets Alive.
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Embrace sold its first policy in October 2006. While the company is not as old as many others in the industry, it has grown substantially since its inception.
In January 2012, Embrace partnered with American Modern Insurance Group, an AM Best A+ rated insurance carrier, helping improve its offerings.
To ensure that all customers receive the quality coverage they deserve, Embrace has a list of core values that drive the company, day in and day out.
- We are open and honest
- We believe in customer fixation
- We give back to the community and help the environment
- We take personal responsibility
- We seek innovation
- Be passionate
It is these core values that have helped Embrace achieve so much success in a relatively short period of time.
Types of Plans
Embrace provides pet insurance for both dogs and cats.
For dogs, the company offers two base level plans with either a $200 or $500 deductible. Along with this, customers have the ability to customize their plan if they have the desire to do so.
Keeping things simple, Embrace also has two plans for cat owners. Once again, there is an option for a $200 and $500 deductible.
- The base price of coverage with a $500 deductible is $24.32 per month
- The base price of coverage with a $200 deductible is $49.07 per month
- The base price of coverage with a $500 deductible is $13.72 per month
- The base price of coverage with a $200 deductible is $23.25 per month
Regardless of if you are insuring a dog or cat, Embrace covers almost everything imaginable ranging from accidents to illnesses, including alternative treatments.
Those who are looking for coverage beyond the basic plan have several options when doing business with Embrace.
Embrace also offers what the company calls “Wellness Rewards” for routine care. With this, you are getting coverage for everyday vet care for your dog or car. Unlike other routine care plans, you never have to concern yourself with per-item limits.
Wellness Rewards is an add-on to your current Embrace insurance coverage. There is no waiting period, no deductible, and no co-pay. The day you sign up for coverage is the day you can begin using it to better care for your pet.
- Basic level: $14.95 per month. This is a $200 annual allowance, covering the following: spay/neuter; flea, tick, and heartworm treatment; vaccines and titers; blood exams; fecal exams; wellness exams; registration; and microchip implantation.
- Plus level: $28.95 per month. This is a $400 allowance, covering the same as the basic level but adding the following: dental cleaning, dental x-rays, fillings, crowns, and prescription diet food.
Healthy Pet Deductible
With the Healthy Pet Deductible from Embrace, your pet’s deductible will decrease by $50 each year that you do not receive a claim reimbursement.
- Best yet, this is an included feature of every policy, meaning that you do not have to pay more for it. When you sign up for a policy, your eligibility begins. There is no paperwork required.
- Note: the Healthy Pet Deductible applies to all coverage types, regardless of the deductible that you choose.
The way this works is simple, with each pet on your policy receiving a $50 credit towards the annual deductible each year there is no claim reimbursement. If you are lucky enough to have your pet’s deductible reach $0, all future credits will be applied when you are eligible for reimbursement.
It is the many features of Embrace pet insurance that helps the company compete in a crowded industry. Some of the features that help Embrace separate from the pack include:
- Two simple to understand coverage levels, for both dogs and cats
- Competitive pricing, regardless of if you choose a $200 or $500 deductible
- Healthy Pet Deductible to help you save money in the future
- Payments based on the actual vet bill – there are no benefit schedules, reasonable charges or other confusing jargon
- Simple claims process with the ability to download forms, make a claim, and view your claims online
- Reimbursement paid via check or direct deposit
Final Thoughts on Embrace Pet Insurance
With its core values, Embrace has created a business that provides pet owners throughout the United States with a high level of insurance for their dog or cat.
Along with this, the company is dedicated to providing the best customer service in the industry, making it simple for clients to get answers, file claims, and better understand their policy.
When it comes to the coverage itself, Embrace offers multiple options for both dogs and cats to go along with its Wellness Rewards and Healthy Pet Deductible programs.
These two features are not offered by any other company in the industry, but go a long way in helping Embrace customers save money on the cost of care while ensuring that their pet gets the best treatment available.
During the brief period that Embrace has been providing pet owners with insurance, the company has established its brand as one that offers high quality coverage at an affordable price, while still being able to implement unique features.